Eek. Christine is right. I promised to blog weekly and already I'm behind.
Last time I had finished the Shaelyn but not blocked it.
Since then, I have finished the Graffiti & Asphalt socks and completed an Elowen shawl. I also knit San Mateo #2 and have started San Mateo #3. I am on the second Electric Slide sock for Princess and have started a Rushing Tide for me.
And I have to knit two pairs of slipper boot socks -- one for Princess, and one for the son of a friend. He apparently wants yellow. So I'm going to use my skeins of STR Heavyweight. I have a skein of Saffron (I think - or some sort of yellow - Sunstone maybe?) and a skein of Vancouver Violet (for Princess).
There has also been a yarn delivery or two.
Let us begin.
I'll start with the fibery stuff and move on from there.
According to my computer, I finished the second San Mateo before I finished the Elowen. It's for Mikel (the one who does my hair). I started it back in January as another pattern and ended up frogging it about three times. I finally decided on San Mateo and it worked like a charm.
Pre-blocking of course, because I am interminably lazy and hate blocking. I have a stack of things waiting to be blocked (3 cowls and 4 shawls including Colour Affection which I finished over 2 years ago).
Don't answer that.
So that's the first FO. The second FO is the Graffiti & Asphalt socks.
One is definitely more Asphalt and the other is more Graffiti. The brighter (graffiti) one was the second sock. Funny how one skein of variegated yarn will produce one sock markedly darker than the other. This has happened before with other yarns. I have no clue why.
Anyway, I love them and I'm wearing them. It's part of my silk sock experiment to confirm what I believe to be true (less pilling and felting with 50/50 silk socks even though most people don't recommend such a blend for socks).
Not surprisingly, it hasn't been blocked yet.
Not stretched out, it looks like a manta ray.
I really like the spine detail. I'm going to use it for all future triangle shawls. I don't care for the look of the standard spines, but this one is really nice. Hard to show it to best effecgt without blocking, though.
So that's the knitting so far.
I managed to score some Fibernymph Dye Works yarn in an update a couple of weeks ago. It arrived yesterday.
I don't have individual photos yet - I'll have to do that for Ravelry.
The stripey one is called Lucky Cat and is on the Bedazzled base. The other two are on the bounce base and are monochromatic gradients (Caribbean Blue and Brickwork Red). I'm going to do something lacey or cabley with those.
In other non-yarn-related stuff, Hallowe'en was fun. Apart from having to open the door, especially to the bigger kids who make no effort to dress up and who appear with either pillow cases or green garbage bags (aka trash bags or bin liners).
I decided to do a Day of the Dead face this year. I meant to take a bunch of progress photos but only managed a few. It astonished me how long it actually took to do. (Those are earbuds - I was listening to music).
I didn't manage to get a picture of my favourite house with all the crazy decorations, but I did snap a couple of post-Hallowe'en shots from the neighbourhood. Apparently I have a thing for body parts.
Okay, Typepad. I give up. You win.
Crappy software. I've been fighting with this post for 5 hours now. Enough. I'll hope that Typepad rights itself and I will put in the very cool picrtures of the shoe animals another day.
Now I'm off to knit. I may quickly knit another Porom. My head was freezing tonight.